Saturday, May 12, 2012

I'm starting this blog to describe our journey...the impetus for starting this blog is that we are starting a journey to bring home another daughter. However, this trip started over a year ago, and at that time, there was no notion that it included an excursion to another adoption. This past year has been a time for spiritual refreshment and renewal for Todd and me. It has been a time that we have sought to deepen our faith and fully commit to following God. I think of the Steven Curtis Chapman song "Dive."

I'm diving in, I'm going deep in over my head I want to be
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow, in over my head I want to go
The river's deep, the river's wide, the river is alive
So sink or swim, I'm diving in...

But we will never know the awesome power of the grace of God
Until we let ourselves get swept away in this holy flood
So if you'll take my hand
We'll close our eyes and count to three
And take the leap of faith, come on, let's go!

So, yes, Todd and I are taking a leap of faith and are working to bring home a daughter from China--specifically a teen-aged daughter from China.  We are completely overwhelmed, completely excited, and completely scared--all at the same time.  We've been edging to the end of the high diving board for awhile, but we have finally dived in!




4 comments:

  1. God will provide and bless you beyond measure for your obedience! Love and Prayers as you begin this new chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray Johnsons! Congratulation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! We are also a Colombian adoptive family (as well as Guatemala) and were planning to return to Colombia for an older boy. Unfortunately, job layoffs have put that dream on hold for now. So excited for you and look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are looking on China's shared list for your daughter - consider Chengdu (Sichuan Province). They are waiving the orphanage donation (about $5000) for their older kids! Our friends just adopted a 13 yo boy from there and say the kids are well cared for in Chengdu :).

    So very exited about this announcement! God bless your journey!

    ReplyDelete