Monday, February 25, 2013

God cares for orphans & so should the church!

Our house is not huge...


But our home has loving parents...a family...

Even if our home is getting full...(plus one on the way!)


We are not perfect parents or a perfect family, but we have Christ...


We have so much we can share and we have a desire to be obedient to God's call:

In Psalm 82:3, God has commanded us:

 Defend the weak and the fatherless;
    uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed.


For us, God has called us to the beautiful journey of adoption.  We are so grateful that God has entrusted us with some of His precious treasures.


I fully recognize that we not all called to adopt, but as Christians we are all called to do SOMETHING (the verse does not say "some of you should defend...).  
The need is great
--147 million orphans-- 
but  
our God is big. 

And He expects and equips His church to be His hands and feet.  

Ever since God has opened my eyes to the plight and needs of orphans, I have not been the same.   I have asked God what I can do to advocate for the needs of orphans, and I have found a perfect outlet!  I'm going to be part of Lifesong for Orphans Blogger Network.  That means that I will get to let you know about the church's work among orphans and ways that you can be a part!  So excited for this opportunity!!  First post is coming soon :)




No comments:

Post a Comment