Thursday, December 20, 2012

God is faithful AKA Whispers from God


During this adoption process, there have been times of joy and there have been times of discouragement.  But, God continues to be faithful and He continues to whisper words of encouragement and hope to me.  Here are two examples of God's mercy extended toward me...

One day I was a feeling a little very overwhelmed about the thought of dealing with attachment issues again. Another adoptive mom posted a beautiful message about the process that she is undertaking with her teenage daughters. She didn't shy away from discussing the difficulty involved but said that she was blessed to be a part of the healing process. I confess, that when we went through our times of intense attachment-related behaviors, I never felt gratitude. I asked God for strength, but my attitude was more of enduring the "thorn in the flesh" than "rejoice whenever you encounter various trials." Wow. What a blessing to have God show me a different way to think of it.

Today I was thinking and analyzing for about the millionth time about the finances for this adoption. I desperately want to trust God for our financial needs. I don't want to put misplaced hope in some other provision. Then, in my Bible reading for today, there was a story of Amaziah, King of Judah, hiring some soldiers from Israel. This displeased God and He told Amaziah (through a prophet) to discharge the Israelite soldiers. In 2 Chronicles 25, God's word says:

9Amaziah asked the man of God, “But what about the hundred talents I paid for these Israelite troops?” The man of God replied, “The Lord can give you much more than that.”

This was a reminder from God that I need to be obedient and recognize that God can and will abundantly meet our needs. Even after this reassurance, I softly asked God if He would show me that He hadn't forgotten our financial needs (ridiculous, I know!) And today, we got an unexpected check for $22. It doesn't cover all of our needs :) but it was a tangible reminder TODAY that God is working on our behalf to bring our daughter home.

I am so grateful to God who loves me, who whispers to me, who answers my deepest prayer "I do believe.  Help my unbelief!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment