Friday, March 29, 2013

Plans and planes and pictures :)

We have a plan!!

We have a plane (ticket)!!

And, we received the most beautiful pictures and LETTER from our daughter!!

I'll start with the most fun news first.

This morning I got up first.  I almost always do.  I need some quiet and coffee before the craziness and noise of the day starts.  I have a routine.  I start the water for my french press and then I check my e-mail.  I'm barely awake, but the computer is next to the kitchen, so its something to do while I wait for the water to boil.

When I opened my inbox, there was an e-mail from Karla, one of our amazing Lifeline social workers.  I had e-mailed her a couple of questions yesterday, so I wasn't surprised to see it.  So, I clicked on it and...

THERE WERE NEW PICTURES OF OUR DAUGHTER!!!
 And not only that...

THERE WAS A LETTER FROM OUR DAUGHTER!!!

So, of course I was sobbing and I ran down and awakened poor Todd who was sleepy, disoriented and confused and concerned about me.  The first thing I said was "Its o.k., these are happy tears."  Then I told him and of course he rushed to the computer to see the e-mail, too.

She told us a little about herself.  We love having this glimpse into our daughter.

She said that she loves the ocean.  We CANNOT WAIT to take her to the ocean!!


She said, "Mama (I LOVE THAT!!), I can cook chinese and I can help you cook."

What a great way to start the day!!

And, just to help the day along...today I bought our airline tickets.  Todd, Savanna, and I leave on Sunday, May 5 (which happens to be Audrey's 19th birthday, so it will be a bittersweet day).  Todd and Savanna return the following Monday.  Hope and I will return about 9 days later.

Oh, and let me tell you about our tickets.  We are flying out of Tallahassee--if you don't live here, you probably have no idea what a big deal that is.  For being a state capitol, we don't have very good air service.  But, we are flying in and out of our hometown.  Not only that, but our tickets were about $1000 less PER TICKET than we had expected!!  Thank You, GOD.

Tonight we go to Good Friday service.  Riza has recently accepted the Lord and will take her first communion.  The whole family will be in church together (that never happens because our teens usually go to church at a different time than we do).  We will be focusing on the amazing, breathtaking sacrifice that Christ made for us.  And I will try my very best to be solemn and worshipful, but all day today, I have had a hard time not breaking into a huge smile and even chuckling a little when I think about our new daughter and the wonderful way my day started.  So, if you are at church tonight and hear me giggle, just try to be understanding...and maybe even give a little cough to help cover my laugh :)



Psalm 48
O God, we meditate on your unfailing love
    as we worship in your Temple.
10 As your name deserves, O God,
    you will be praised to the ends of the earth.


2 comments:

  1. Yay! So exciting! Can't wait to follow your travels on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO many reasons to be joyful!!! I can't even imagine what a JOY it was to receive a letter written by your daughter!

    Continued blessings on the rest of your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete