Friday, March 15, 2013

Prayer circles and Travel plans

In my prayer journal, I have the exact date that I began praying for our China travel plans...July 16, 2012. On August 1, 2012 I began praying for the right time to bring Hope home. At some point, I began praying that we would travel over Savanna's spring break so it would be easiest for Savanna (in terms of needing to make up school work). During this time I read "Prayer Circles" by Mark Batterson and I began to pray these verses:

Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him.  Genesis 21:2

But when the right time came, God sent His Son, born of a woman, subject to the law.  
Galatians 4:4 

These verses assured me that my child would come at the right time, at the time God promised.

The LORD answered Moses, "Is the LORD's arm too short?  You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you."  Numbers 11:23

A reminder that God can accomplish everything He promises.

As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame."
Romans 10:11

And a reminder that I can completely trust in God.

So...we are a few days away from spring break.  We don't have Travel Approval.  We won't travel over spring break.

At first, I was stymied.  Trusting God, but confused.  I had felt very sure that God wanted me to pray for a spring break travel date.  Was I wrong?  Did I miss something?  

I don't know all of the answers.  But as I have prayed, this is what God as showed me...

First, there are many times that as Christians we pray earnestly, fervently for something (I think especially of those prayers for ill family members) and it seems that God doesn't answer.  We all experience these times.  In these times, we must make the decision on whether we believe that God still loves us and wants the best for us.  I have decided that I do believe God loves me and wants the best for me.

Second, God has reminded me of another verse...

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Ephesians 6:12

There are happenings in the spiritual world that are occurring beyond my knowledge and understanding,   Prayer is essential for fighting these battles!

So, in the midst of it all, I choose to pray and trust and wait expectantly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment