Tuesday, May 7, 2013

In Guangzhou

We are here in China.  It is really hard to believe.  We had a looooong couple of days of travel and then we landed here at 4:45 am.  We've had warm showers, Starbucks, and a short walk in the area around our hotel.  We've also had some FaceTime with our family at home.

Today we are mostly resting.  Savanna is working on schoolwork and I just finished an on-line CEU class.  The hotel is beautiful and our room is amazing.  It is nice to relax a little especially because the week before we left was crazy.  Here is a glimpse of our last week:

  • Shower and prayer time for Davina.  Such a sweet time with my beautiful sisters in Christ.  Audrey led off the prayer which made it extra special. Thankful for my sweet friend Katie (and her mom) for hostessing.
  • Skating birthday party for the other member of our homeschool.  I even skated.  Later that afternoon I told Todd "my legs really hurt and I don't know why...oh."
  • Celebrated Yuly's birthday...twice.  Family dinner the day before her birthday and cake on her birthday.  On her actual birthday we also had..
  • Children's choir performance at church.  Riza and Yuly both sang and the songs were all Scripture.  So proud of the way they are hiding God's word in their hearts.
  • Savanna went to a Quincinera celebration at school.
  • We attended a musical at a local high school because Audrey was one of the choreographers.  It was so fun to see the product of all her hard work.
  • Celebrated Audrey's birthday the day before her birthday.  And I got to see her soon to be new living space.
  • Celebrated Audrey's birthday with a special breakfast, went to church together, and then headed to the airport.
Whew!

Our travel was fairly uneventful except that Todd and Savanna got randomly selected for "special security screening." I guess a little pat down never hurt anyone. :)

So, I will close with a few pictures of our travel so far...


No comments:

Post a Comment