Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday: bookstore

Today we took a cab with another mom and her son to a bookstore.  It was five stories high, and although it mostly had books, there were also little areas selling everything from shirts to phones.  Whenever we have shopped, Davina tells me that she does not want me to buy her anything.  Today I was able to convince her to let me purchase 4 reading books and one English workbook for her.  I first broke down her defense by telling her to get a book for the plane ride.  She relented and agreed to pick out one book.  I could see she was having a hard time deciding, so I asked her to let me buy several.  I told her that at home I could buy her more clothes and shoes, but I would probably not be able to find Chinese books.  So, she picked out some.  I was happy.

In the afternoon, other families got called to the consulate to begin the visa process.  There were over 70 families there and the consulate employees worked as quickly as possible to get them all processed.  Now the families await the actual visas which will come Friday or Saturday.  It should mean that by our appointment at 8:30 on Tuesday, everything will be back to normal (at least for adoption visas).

In the evening Davina got interested in a movie and didn't want to go out.  We ran over to the little deli across the street.  We got a little pizza like thing for Davina, a pepperoni and cheese sandwich for  me, and a little loaf of some type of sweet bread.  Total cost...3 dollars.  Seriously.

Tomorrow we have to get up early to head to the grocery store to buy diapers as a gift to the orphanage (we had planned to go tonight, butt I gave Davina the option to get up early to shop tomorrow and she chose to stay in tonight).

So, that's it.  Things continue to go well.  But please keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment